June 21, 2010

The Triumphant Return of the Educated Vagabond!

After a long hiatus, The Yellow Brick Road Trip will begin posting new blogs on July 1, 2010.

There have been many reasons for the hiatus and many changes that have occurred in the meantime. As some readers may know, I have been completing my first year of law school in Kansas. The sheer amount of time and energy that goes into completing first year law courses does not leave a lot of time for anything – let alone road trips. When I wasn’t working, I was exhausted. The first year of law school drains you completely – emotionally, spiritually, and physically. From the stress and physical demands of school, I actually suffered a number of bizarre physical ailments such as plantar fasciitis, severe muscle fatigue, and most recently carpal tunnel.

This summer, I have finally had free time to relax and recuperate. Not that I have been lying around. I am currently working two summer internships. But unlike my first year of school, the schedule for my internships has allowed me some free time to start thinking about The Yellow Brick Road Trip again. Most importantly, it has allowed me the time to start making lists of places to visit and doing the research necessary to plan a trip.

It has also given me time to work on an extension of The Yellow Brick Road Trip. As many of my friends know, I am a craft fiend. I love arts and crafts. For the past three or four years, I have been particularly smitten with knitting. But after a while, friends and family get really tired of receiving knitted presents. So I am working on a shop for the blog, tentatively titled “Vagabond Vestments,” where I will hopefully sell some of my homemade creations.

But perhaps the biggest change is a change of address. I am currently living in Lawrence, Kansas. I love my new hometown. For the first time ever, I am unpacked. I have even renewed a lease on an apartment – something I have never done in my entire life. If I even stayed in one place a full year, I never stayed longer and so I have never really had a permanent address as an adult. Now, I am happily working toward my future career and happy with my (for now) permanent home.

That doesn’t mean I’ve lost the spirit of a vagabond. I’ve just found a new place to start my trips from. And, oh! Will there be trips!

Come back on July 1, 2010 to join the rejuvenated Yellow Brick Road Trip!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I! I already have four blog posts finished and I'm planning to have plenty more done by the first. It's nice to finally have the time to do this again. :)

    ReplyDelete